Sunday, August 11, 2013

Samothrace: the earthly paradise

Samothrace, Eartly Paradise


I haven't been posting for a while since I've been away on vacation. For two weeks I was living in one of the most beautiful places on earth: a small Greek island called Samothrace. I came back with my mind filled with unforgettable memories and my heart full of joy! Oh, and with two new creations! 

Before posting these two creations I really would like to present to you all this amazing island. Since I'm not very good with words I will use images to take you away on an imaginary trip to this earthly paradise! 

Samothrace, Fairytale Forests
Samothrace, Waterfalls
Samothrace, Lagoons
Samothrace, Aegean Sea
Samothrace, History, The Victory of Samothrace
Samothrace, Moments
Samothrace, Everyday

So, these are some of the different magic ways in which this island captured my heart forever!

Inspired by Samothrace's beauty and uplifting power and with the petty means that I had available ( a box with watercolors and a sketchbook) I painted two fairy creatures that could probably be seen in the island's forests. 

So, this is my Samothrace paperdoll!

Samothrace, Paperdoll, Painting
 

and my Samothrace Lady

Samothrace, PaintingSamothrace, Painting, WAtercolor, Goat, Mermaid

2 comments:

  1. Maria, It s amazing reading yr text and have a look in yr photos. Your creations are a part of yr soul. Yes I do believe in fairytails :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...