Thursday, March 1, 2018

Bright, wild and colourful: the best party hats for the best type of girls -the unicorn ones!

unicorn party hats, unicorn themed party, glitter hats, flower hats, girls' party
A friend of mine was preparing her daughter's party the other day. So, I wanted to offer a little something to please this beautiful, wild creature that was now turning six. It's always nice to have a handmade item that is made especially for the birthday girl and her friends! 

I had little time and limited resources but fortunately enough for me the theme of the party was UNICORNS! And as anyone who is familiar with my crafts knows, colours and sparkles are my thing!  

I went directly to a big toy chain who carries a lot of crafting supplies and bought one pack of sheets of glitter foam and one of felt. I also bought some fabric flowers in shades of pink. Overall the total amount I spent was less than 10 euros. I didn't spend any money on ribbons and pearls since I have a big collection of those items at home. But even if I had to buy some of those as well the sum would not be much different.

Indeed it is a rather cheap and easy way to make a little party girl happy!

sparkling party hats, unicorn  party, glitter hats, unicorn horn hats, flower hats, girls' party, craft supplies

The making process is also very simple: 
-twirl the sheets of foam to create hat shapes (actually you may want to make it a little thiner so as to look like a horn) 
-turn the ribbon around the horn and paste it with the glue gun along its length to stabilise it.
-cut the white or off-white sheets of felt into ears (could be rounded or triangular)
-cut the pink sheets of felt in the same shape but a bit smaller and paste them on the centre of the white ones
-put a drop of glue in the centre of each ear and hold it folded to give it a 3D form
-paste the flowers and pearls in the way that you like on the horn
-paste the ears on each side of the horn
-add either a elastic string or a ribbon to secure it around the child's face (I bypassed this step since the mother told me she could measure the exact length of the string needed and add it herself)

handmade party hats, unicorn hats, flower sparkling hats for girls, making process


So, that was it! Easy and so very girly, bright and colourful! Enjoy!

unicorn party hats, unicorn girls' party, unicorn horn, sparkling hats, flower hats

unicorn party hats, unicorn girls' party, unicorn horn, sparkling hats, flower hats, girly hats, handmade


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...